- Masters of Sport has provided a sample week-long agenda for hosting a Boot Camp during the 3rd week (last week) of the Transition Phase. As a way to keep the stimulus high for the athletes, give a wide variety of activities and methods of training. Coaches are encouraged to create additional items to add.
Track Workout Program
- Masters of Sport have provided a simple sample of a Track Workout for use during the summer months. Coaches should expand on these few ideas to complete a fun-filled activity for their athletes using the equipment they have readily available to them.
- Creating a fun conditioning aspect to the day-to-day training will keep athletes interested and excited. Use a local outside track facility or create one outside the facility. Masters of Sports has provided a sample Track Workout. Coaches should add their own exercise bouts using the equipment available to them.
Conditioning Relays Chart
- Masters of Sport has included a sample Conditioning Relay Chart. Coaches should elaborate and expand on this chart utilizing the equipment available to them. Remember, the first three (3) are during the summer, so plan outside activities if possible for maximum athlete stimulation!
- By creating and using a fun, sometimes outside, activity, the stimulus for the athlete is very high and peaks interest.
- This is also a great way to build team bonding!
Team Building Activities
- Masters of Sport has included two (2) sample Team building Activity Charts. Coaches should elaborate and expand on this chart utilizing the equipment available to them. Remember, the first one is during the summer, so plan outside activities if possible for maximum athlete stimulation!
- Using Team Building Activities give athletes an opportunity to experience the team atmosphere that is normally not available to an individual sport like gymnastics. Be creative and have fun!