Masters of Sport has provided exercises for PHYSICAL PREPARATION. The exercises are to be used for ALL phases of the annual training period.
- Proper physical preparation of the athlete should be the base of every gymnastics program with goals and aspirations of producing advanced level gymnasts.
- There is no substitute to this rule.
- One can be more organized, more efficient, can be better technically, can be more motivational but there is no replacement for proper and adequate physical preparation.
- This is not a new concept and certainly not just for gymnasts.
- Most coaches understand that stronger and faster athletes will generally beat out weaker and slower ones.
- All successful conditioning programs have very distinct commonalities:
- Have a consistent application of the expectations of how conditioning exercises are to be executed
- Have a passionate coaching staff willing to smartly guide athletes through perceived limitations
- Have a plan built around sound fundamental beliefs
Each section of the body is covered:
- A — Upper Core — Front
- B — Lower Core — Front — Straight
- C — Lower Core — Front — Tuck
- D — Upper Core — Back
- E — Lower Core — Back
- F — Side Core — Oblique
- G — Arms — Chest
- H — Shoulders — Chest — Back
- I — Shoulders
- J — Legs
- K — Jumps
- L — Shapes — Holds